Day 1 of the World Cup Series 1 in Mallorca at Trofeo Princesa Sofia and Pavlos Kontides (2 pts) leads ILCA7 (Men Laser) after two races. The Cypriot sailor is closely followed by British Michael Beckett (3 pts) and Germany’s Philipp Buhl (3pts). Not far behind, France’s Jean-Baptiste Bernaz (5 pts) is 4th and Croatian Tonci Stipanovic (6 pts) is 5th.
In 470 (mixed dinghy), Italian duo Giacomo Ferrari/ Bianca Caruso (3 pts) and Spain’s Jordi Xammar/ Nora Brugman (3 pts) are standing in front of the fleet both finishing 1st & 2nd in Leg 1 and 2. The Australian boat with Nia Jerwood/ Conor Nicholas are 3rd (6 pts).
In an every opened ILCA6 series (Women Laser), Hungarian Mària Érdy leads provisionally in front of Dutch Maxime Jonker. Yellow round race has been postponed.
Conditions are quite rough in Palma with wind guts up to 25 knots and temperature around 12°C.
Tomorrow, all series will race starting from 11.00 am (CET Time).
DID YOU KNOW?
Trofeo Princesa Sofia is an SSL 1000-point event that counts for SSL Ranking.
- Competitions are classified in eight categories
- Each category is granted a number of points to be awarded to the athletes – from 10 to 4000 points
- SSL points awarded account for 100% for the first year, 50% for the second year and 0% for the third year
- The athletes’ six best results are taken into account according to the system mentioned above (and all local regattas)
- All athletes who complete a round of a regatta included in the Ranking obtain at least one point